Fargo, North Dakota Climate & Temperature
- Fargo, North Dakota, Usa is at 46°53'N, 96°47'W, 274 m (899 ft). See map.
- Fargo, North Dakota has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Fargo, North Dakota is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The average temperature is 5 degrees Celsius (41 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 36.2 °C (65.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -7.3°C (18.9°F) on average falling to -17.4°C (0.7°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 11.3°C (52.3°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -0.5°C (31.1°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27.1°C (80.7°F) and average low temperatures are 13.5°C (56.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.4°C (54.3°F) during the day and lows of 0.7°C (33.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 493.8 mm (19.4 inches) which is equivalent to 493.8 Litres/m² (12.11 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2611 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Fargo, North Dakota you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Fargo, North Dakota Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Fargo, North Dakota Climate Graph in Metric Units
Fargo, North Dakota Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Fargo, North Dakota, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Langdon, Nd, Usa - 250 kms (155.4 miles) NNW
- Grafton, Nd, Usa - 123.2 kms (76.6 miles) N
- Ada, Mn, Usa - 18.8 kms (11.7 miles) NW
- Lisbon, Nd, Usa - 135.9 kms (84.4 miles) SW
- Fullertonese, Nd, Usa - 135.9 kms (84.4 miles) SW
- Aberdeen, Sd, Usa - 203 kms (126.2 miles) SW
- Clark, Sd, Usa - 230.7 kms (143.4 miles) SSW
- Watertown, Sd, Usa - 211.8 kms (131.6 miles) S
- Roseaue, Mn, Usa - 241 kms (149.8 miles) NNE
- Winnibigoshish Dam, Mn, Usa - 212.8 kms (132.2 miles) E
- Pokegama Dam, Mn, Usa - 212.8 kms (132.2 miles) E
- Pine River Dam, Mn, Usa - 212.8 kms (132.2 miles) E
- Leech Lake Dam, Mn, Usa - 212.8 kms (132.2 miles) E
- Park Rapids, Mn, Usa - 132.2 kms (82.1 miles) E
- Detroit Lakes, Mn, Usa - 73.2 kms (45.5 miles) E
- Morris, Mn, Usa - 117.4 kms (72.9 miles) SSE
- St. Cloud/ Whitney, Mn, Usa - 258.3 kms (160.5 miles) SE
- Milbank, Sd, Usa - 187.3 kms (116.4 miles) S
- Milannw, Mn, Usa - 220.1 kms (136.8 miles) SSE
- Montevideo, Mn, Usa - 220.1 kms (136.8 miles) SSE