Fargo, North Dakota Climate & Temperature
- Fargo, North Dakota, Usa is at 46°53'N, 96°47'W, 274 m (899 ft). See map.
- Fargo, North Dakota has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Fargo, North Dakota is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The annual average temperature is 5 degrees Celsius (41 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 36.2 °C (65.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -7.3°C (18.9°F) on average falling to -17.4°C (0.7°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 11.3°C (52.3°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -0.5°C (31.1°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 27.1°C (80.7°F) and average low temperatures are 13.5°C (56.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.4°C (54.3°F) during the day and lows of 0.7°C (33.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 493.8 mm (19.4 inches) which is equivalent to 493.8 Litres/m² (12.11 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2611 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Fargo, North Dakota you would come out nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Fargo, North Dakota, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Langdon, Nd, Usa - 250 kms (155.4 miles) NNW
- Grafton, Nd, Usa - 123.2 kms (76.6 miles) N
- Ada, Mn, Usa - 18.8 kms (11.7 miles) NW
- Lisbon, Nd, Usa - 135.9 kms (84.4 miles) SW
- Fullertonese, Nd, Usa - 135.9 kms (84.4 miles) SW
- Aberdeen, Sd, Usa - 203 kms (126.2 miles) SW
- Clark, Sd, Usa - 230.7 kms (143.4 miles) SSW
- Watertown, Sd, Usa - 211.8 kms (131.6 miles) S
- Roseaue, Mn, Usa - 241 kms (149.8 miles) NNE
- Winnibigoshish Dam, Mn, Usa - 212.8 kms (132.2 miles) E
- Pokegama Dam, Mn, Usa - 212.8 kms (132.2 miles) E
- Pine River Dam, Mn, Usa - 212.8 kms (132.2 miles) E
- Leech Lake Dam, Mn, Usa - 212.8 kms (132.2 miles) E
- Park Rapids, Mn, Usa - 132.2 kms (82.1 miles) E
- Detroit Lakes, Mn, Usa - 73.2 kms (45.5 miles) E
- Morris, Mn, Usa - 117.4 kms (72.9 miles) SSE
- St. Cloud/ Whitney, Mn, Usa - 258.3 kms (160.5 miles) SE
- Milbank, Sd, Usa - 187.3 kms (116.4 miles) S
- Milannw, Mn, Usa - 220.1 kms (136.8 miles) SSE
- Montevideo, Mn, Usa - 220.1 kms (136.8 miles) SSE